Aside from the refrigerator or freezer, you can also see an oven inside of some laboratories and pharmaceutical clinics. Another important piece of Lab Equipment is the oven although you may not realize just how many different types there are:
- The dual purpose ovens – these ovens can be used as incubator or sterilizer in the laboratory or even for general purposes. You can convert it into either incubator or sterilizer by simply clicking the switch. Many laboratories choose this type because of its price and durability.
- Standard Digital Ovens – these ovens are known to be accurate, safe and easy to control. The device includes a controller and a built in fan that makes the oven overheat resistant.
- Drying Ovens – These ovens are also called moisture extraction ovens used for quick drying. This is different from drying cabinets.
- Heavy Duty Ovens – These sturdy ovens are usually made of stainless steel and has adjustable layers or shelves. It can reach a temperature as high as 250 to 300 degrees Celsius.
- Drying cabinets – unlike other ovens or sterilizers, this type can only work on 60 degrees Celsius maximum temperature. Drying cabinets are for glassware or plastic apparatus since its temperature is not too high. These are perfect to remove moisture quickly.
- Hot box ovens – these ovens are proven to be durable. The exterior part is made of stainless steel and it has a safety thermostat and temperature control system. For functions that do not need or require exact and stable heat, this type of oven range is highly recommended.